Wednesday 23 December 2015

Running to Stand Still

There's a U2 song from the Joshua Tree album with that line and it is exactly how I feel at the moment.

Although this year as I don't have a job anymore I am more infront than last year.... or the year before.... it still feels like there is much to do and not much time to do it.

I went shopping with a friend recently to Leeds and the weather was foul, really cold and wet. Thankfully Leeds has some lovely indoor areas.  The Victoria Quarter is the best.  These are two shots from there.

 Yes, that is a piano

The choir in the second shot were singing and encouraging people to join in so my friend and I belted out 'Oh Little Town of Bethlehem', properly singing, not singing like you do at a wedding.

It was fun and in the slight warmth of the arcade with the carols ringing round it was impossible not to feel Christmassy, despite the wind and sideways rain.

I hope you all have a good one, that you manage to relax and that Santa is kind to you xx

3 comments:

  1. merry christmas, I hope you manage to stop running xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, lovely to see photos of the Victoria Quarter - I miss the shops in Leeds. I hope things slowed down for you and that you had a lovely relaxing Christmas. Happy New Year to you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally I'm back in the land of blog, and wishing everyone a Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete